Saturday, 25 June 2022 | 11:04 WIB

Woman Dies after Drinking Soda Mixed with Rubbing Alcohol

Woman Dies after Drinking Soda Mixed with Rubbing Alcohol (flickr)

JAKARTA, NETRALNEWS.COM - A woman has died after ingesting rubbing alcohol, also known as 70-percent alcohol (isopropyl alcohol), near a mall in Cengkareng, West Jakarta.

The rubbing alcohol might have been mixed with carbonated beverage, and the woman drank the mixed beverage with a number of her friends.

Cengkareng Police said the woman’s name was Lasma Rohana, and that she had been rushed to a hospital in Grogol, West Jakarta.

"The victim was in critical condition at the Royal Taruma Hospital, Grogol, West Jakarta," police said. However, a few hours later she was pronounced dead at the hospital.

"The unfortunate incident started when she returned home from work at one of the hair salons at the mall. She was then invited by her friends to have drinks," the police said.

Afterwards, Lasma returned to her home in Kembangan, West Jakarta, where she started to feel nauseous and was rushed to the hospital.

"The victim was taken to the hospital by her family, and her body was sent to the Kramat Jati Police Hospital for an autopsy," the police said.

The police is still investigating the case by examining a number of witnesses, including friends of the victim who participated in drinking that night.